Google Analytics – Multi Channel Funnels
Google Analytics has just introduced an awesome new feature – Multi Channel Funnels. Announced in their blog just a few days ago, it allows you to analyse exactly what a customer does before he/she makes their purchase/completes your goal.
Previously, whenever a conversion occurred, the last source that was clicked got all the credit – be it a direct visit, paid ad or banner, or organic search clickthrough. BUT, now you can see everything that contributed to that final conversion. You can see what the visitor did leading up to the purchase/enquiry/goal, giving extremely valuable insight to customer behaviour. For example, did your customer:
- Click through a paid ad, and then return later through entering a direct URL
- Enter through a direct URL, and then return through a referral site
The possibilities are endless. So what does this mean?
You can measure how effective your marketing channels really are. Those dollars you were spending into paid ads, might actually be contributing to more sales than you think! Ditto for your investment into SEO, or which referral links are more effective than others. If you’re serious about measuring your online marketing efforts, you must check it out. To do so, you have to:
- Enable the new version of Google Analytics (check the top right corner of your page)
- Have eCommerce or Goals enabled
- Click on the “My Conversions” tab
- If you have Adwords, make sure you’ve linked your Adwords account with your Google Analytics account.
Have you tried it out? Let us know how you went!